The 5th Annual NOVA Open is fast approaching, and we're closing in on the final stretches of what's been an incredible terrain sprint this year.
We've innovated, cut, assembled, primed, and mostly airbrushed more than 1,500 pieces of terrain, more than 100 tables, and a whole lot more this year, and the final few days are upon us.
The NOVA Open's staff surges as high as nearly 100 unique individuals over the course of the year, but not everyone can make every build. Regardless of the # of our regular staff that show up on Sunday, July 27, for a terrain build, we need all willing hands on deck to polish and finalize every single terrain piece left at varying states of completion.
This is where ya'll come in!
What - "Final" NOVA Open Terrain Day for 2014
When - July 27, 9:30AM - 4:30PM (come for all or a portion as you are able)
Where - 9033 Westerholme Way, Vienna, VA 22182; Park only on the 9033 side of the street, but there's tons and tons of street parking - it's a lovely residential neighborhood, at the home I grew up in ... NOVA HQ
Who - You and a bunch of the NOVA Open staff, including some really cool people like Neil Gilstrap of the 11th Company Podcast
What you get -
- Free food (and I mean GOOD food, not peanut butter sandwhiches and chips), including Breakfast and Lunch
- Free beverages (and I mean GOOD beverages), including a huge variety of craft beer, and a near-endless supply of bottled water
- A really nice pool available to any family or kids who you need to bring along in order to get a hall pass (Food and beverages for them as well, as long as you include them in the RSVP).
- Terrain lessons in a B.D.H. - While the focus of this build will be on flocking, drybrushing, and finalizing, it's a great opportunity to learn some nuances about how to quickly work with an airbrush, how to design award-winning terrain on a budget, and more
- Oodles of wargaming chatter - Not only do you get to meet new friends and have a great time, you get to pick the brain of some of the best local players, painters, and more on whatever subject suits you
- A firsthand sneak peak at some of the awesome prizes, swag, terrain, and more that you'll see at the NOVA Open this year. If you're good, I'll even share you a point blank up close and personal look of the incredible NOVA Open Charitable Foundation armies present at HQ right now!
- A heartfelt dose of appreciation from the staff of the NOVA Open, and from me very personally; it's difficult to budget time and days to finish up terrain, and I can't tell you the countless hours our staff puts into running this event year after year ... we're running out of weekends, and really need all local hands on deck to wrap things up.
SO, if you will attend, I thank you. I'd also appreciate you posting here and/or e-mailing me at email@example.com that you'll be able to make it.
IT's not often (actually it's almost never) that I make a call out like this, but we have more terrain this year than ANY YEAR BEFORE (I have no idea how this happened), and I want to make sure we have enough hands to put the proper polish on every last bit of it. IT's all primed, it's all built, it's all ready for the final steps, and all but one of the dozens of boxes of it are already airbrushed, but one big terrain day with the heart of the DC Area's wargaming population lending a hand will make for light work to many hands and a really fantastic, social, party-like time (which the atmosphere always is!).
Thank you, in advance,